Mon/Wed/Fri in the evening
EducationM.A. Intercultural Studies and TESOL
Wheaton College Graduate School, Wheaton, Illinois December 2014
Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois December 2013
Independent Study Abroad
Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea March 2012 - December 2012
ExperienceMy experiences include:
ELS Adjunct Instructor
Lewis University, Romeoville, Illinois July 2015 - Present
- Created lessons plans and supplemented ELS curriculum for EAP reading, writing, grammar, speaking and listening courses for multicultural class of about 20 students.
- Created supportive atmosphere in multicultural classroom.
Adjunct Adult Education Instructor
Waubonsee Community College, Aurora, Illinois January 2015 - Present
- Developed curriculum, daily English Lesson plans, and GED prep materials for low intermediate proficiency adults and GED-prep students.
- Implemented group and individual activities to promote retention.
Adjunct Adult Education Instructor
Elgin Community College, Elgin, Illinois April 2015 - July 2015
- Developed curriculum and lesson plans for ESL writing courses for multi-level class with low intermediate and advanced adult learners.
- Quantified student reading and writing progress through personally designed assessment.
English Language Learner (ELL) Tutor
Wheaton Academy, West Chicago, Illinois September 2014 - May 2015
- Provided expository and social support to first-year international students.
- Designed systematic writing exercises that promote critical thinking in subjects including English 1 and American History.
Adult Education Instructor
College of DuPage, Addison, Illinois June 2014 - August 2014
- Developed English lessons for adults with low and high beginning proficiency under the supervision of a COD Adult ESL Lecturer.
- Designed differentiated small group and partner activities.
ESL Summer Intensive Instructor
Stanford’s Education Program for Gifted Youth (EPGY)
S&S Institute, Seoul, South Korea May 2012 - August 2012
- Designed and taught courses to Korean middle school students attending Jeju International school.
- Elevated S&S institute common curriculum to integrated top-down and bottom-up class by supplementing with authentic materials.
- Created innovative task-based learning environment.
Student homes, Seoul, South Korea 2012
- Fostered an affirmative learning experience for an ADHD diagnosed elementary school student.
- Developed phonics-based curriculum for an elementary school student.
- Navigated an internship admission process of a Korean engineering major student, which included TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) test prep and admission essay construction.
Franklin Middle School, Wheaton, Illinois Spring 2011
Education Class (EDUC225: Learning and Development: The Psychological and Developmental Contexts of Education), Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois
- Assisted teacher with activities, grading, and formatting curriculum.
Neuropsychology Advisory Team
Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois Fall 2010
- Gathered theories and information about the role of neuropsychology in classrooms.
- Organized and analyzed ideas of subsuming neuropsychology and education under the supervision of a faculty researcher.
HobbiesAlong with my experience as an instructor, I also have experience working at the Makielski Lab of Cellular and Molecular Arrhythmia Research Program in
University of Wisconsin-Madison Medical School since I was a high school student. I received promotion and increasing responsibilities. These responsibilities include collaborating with lab technicians and educating high school student interns.
My personality is very flexible. This means I can be very nurturing if the student needs encouragement, and also means I can be strict and policy-enforcing.
10th Grade Writing, ACT, English, GED, General Chemistry, SAT, Writing, ACCUPLACER ESL, College Essays, ESL/ELL, General Biology, Korean, TOEFL, 10th Grade math, 9th Grade Writing, 11th Grade math, 11th Grade Writing, 12th Grade math, 12th Grade Writing, 9th Grade, 9th Grade Reading, 10th Grade, 10th Grade Reading, 11th Grade, 11th Grade Reading, 12th Grade, 12th Grade Reading, 9th Grade math
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.